April 5, 2007

The Wonders of Nature

I look through my kitchen window each day,
seeking, as I always do-
All the signs of God's presence
in the soul-stirring scene that I view.

It never ceases to amaze me
that His presence is everywhere.
The Easter Lilies are radiant
Postural, as though in prayer.

They are programmed to bloom at Easter,
then close for another year.
Their role is to glorify the Savior-
then silently disappear.

Springtime is a season
of new life with a goal.
New leaves are forming, flowers are budding-
there is a stirring in my soul.

I read an interesting quote this week by Max Lucado that I
would love to share with you.
"Next time a sunrise steals your breath, or a meadow of flowers
leaves you speechless, remain that way and say nothing- and listen
as Heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for You."